Wednesday, 25 December 2013

The silly season

So, here's the thing, having spent hundreds of pounds on buying gifts for family and friends and more than a few hours queuing in supermarkets for food in order to celebrate this ridiculous season, I am sitting here incensed with rage because my sons partner gave my son a gift and did not even bother to wrap it. That's the same person who, for the second year running, did not bother to put up christmas decorations. "what's the point" she said, when questioned about why she could not be fucking bothered to put up a few bits of tinsel and some brightly coloured balls. The same retort was repeated when asked why she had not spent a few minutes wrapping up a gift for the person she has lived with for the last two years. Oh, I don't know. What is the fucking point? Maybe it's because, in doing so, it gives the semblance of a pretence that you care about the person you are giving the gift to, you fucking bitch! (any breath Heather) Now I know what you are thinking, dear friends. Why did your son not put up the decorations himself? Well we all know the answer to that one, don't we. It's because Christmas, if left to the men of this world, would just be a date on the calendar. Oh alcohol would be bought. Of that I have no doubt. But all the little nuances that make Christmas, Christmas, would not happen. Now my son, this person he lives with and my darling hubby had got together and planned a wonderful gift for my christmas and birthday. I'm grateful, I really am. But this gesture of complete apathy has made me madder than I've been for a long time (and breath Heather) So do I think this relationship will last? will they be walking down the aisle any time soon? Will this woman be contributing to the family tree of the Smith clan? God I hope not!!!!!! Watch this space........

No comments:

Post a Comment