Hello dear reader and welcome to my very first blog.
As the title of my blog suggests, this sight will indeed, I suspect, be quite simply the odd musing, ranting, witty (I hope) observations of a greedy cow i.e., me. Although this self deprecation may amuse, I assure you dear reader that it is by no means an unfair title. I most definitely am not adverse to the odd family sized bag of M&S home made crisps (other crisp are widely available) However, the reason that I can quite smugly call myself this (and not feel like sticking my head in a gas oven) is that I have recently lost over 6 stones (in old money) or 84 lb. in weight and ( this is where the smugness comes in) kept it off (so far)
And, this part is where I often feel the urge to stand on top of a very tall building and shout in my loudest, most annoying voice "IT WAS NOT HARD" So.... no mixing up brightly coloured gunk that you have paid a suspiciously large monitory amount for. No mixing 'red' and 'green' food at specific times of the day while standing on one leg. No weighing minuscule amounts of food and frantically searching the 'energy contents' of everything that passes my lips, and no boring anyone within a 12 mile radius with my angelic declarations of "Oh Doris, I couldn't possibly go out for a meal tonight as i am currently not eating anything with a face" No, my secret, dear reader, (observe that I am not going plural until I see how much people read this bloody blog) is so incredibly simple that I am almost too embarrassed to declare it. So (drum roll), deep breath. I ATE LESS FOOD AND MOVED AROUND MORE. There, I have said it. I am currently hiding under the desk post earthquake style as I fear such a simple answer to such an apocalyptic problem in this obese raddled world will cause angry mobs to storm slimming clubs throughout the land demanding their money back for selling them the idea that losing weight and keeping it off is hard. IT'S NOT!!!
Now don't get me wrong, there were times that I would have sold my kidney's for a slice of pizza. And I have very recently realised how much I was self medicating with food and to compensate have found solace in varies things, from clothes shopping to vodka and I will not lie to you, in lots of ways losing this weight and keeping it off has made me depressed. But, and this is a biggy for me, I know as certain as I know that Murray will not win Wimbledon, I will never get that big again!
And so, dear reader, this is where you come in. I have decided to start writing my thought down in cyber space, so to speak, in the hope that I can work through my 'issues' without wrecking my liver with drink, diving into the the Pringles and heading for the physic ward. Dare you come along for the ride? xx
No comments:
Post a Comment